DIY and Homemade Products for Outdoors

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page! DIY Vintage Chic.

So with summer halfway through I've provided some great links to keep your kids busy

And some projects for space saving gardens
But what about those pesky bugs and weeds? Here are a few homemade/DIY projects for you....

You know I love reusing wine bottles. Did you know you can use them as a fly trap? Love this idea... expect for that bit about "the last few drops of wine", I don't think there are usually any drops left in my bottles. ;)
Simply Dixon ~ Wine Bottle Fruit Fly Trap
Kill all those weeds with some of your typical household items.
Full of Great Ideas ~ Nature Weed Killer
This one requires you to search for a few ingredients you may not have on hand but definitely worth it so you're not spraying down with a bunch of chemicals.
Surviving the Stores ~
Homemade Mosquito Repellent
Martha offers up several idea for dealing with those pesky pests.
Martha Stewart ~ Dealing with Pests
Here's a homemade approach to dealing with ants. I can vouch for the Cayenne Pepper working. I haven't tried this combination though.
Handmade Soap Gossip ~ Natural Pest Control

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts