Monday, January 21, 2013

Valentine's Day Wreath ~ X's and O's

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

How do you make a Valentine's Day wreath for just a couple of bucks.
Here's how... save a couple of cereal boxes, grab some ribbon and a cheap picture frame. I picked up my frame for $2 at Goodwill!
Materials:
Cereal box
Frame
Ribbon
Spray paint (red, pink, white... whatever your preference)
Spray glue
Glitter
Hot glue gun

Unfortunately I lost some of my spray paint pics throughout this process. One missing is spray painting your frame. I went with white. I hope everyone can figure out how to spray paint without a picture though. :)

Next create your X and O in a size that fits within the frame. You can easily create this in Word. Trace around your letters onto the cereal boxes {twice for each letter}. I created my template with tabs. I wanted the letters to look 3D.
Cut up the side of the box and lay the cereal
box flats.
I then cut out each letter. Fold the tabs back
Place your cut-outs back to back and use masking tape to hold them together.
I went on to add tape to the surface of all the letters so the texture was the same throughout.
Here's were a few more pics are missing. :( Once your letters are all taped up spray paint them. I went with hot pink. Once dry I also opted to use some spray glue and sprinkle some glitter onto the letters.

Next grab some ribbon and cute off a few pieces {3-4 inches}. Attach to the back of your letters and then to the backside of the frame.
Using more ribbon, tie a bow through your frame and you're ready to hang it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Becca

Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becca! cute project and love that you used cereal boxes for your letters, great up cycle!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I do think your blog could possibly be having internet browser compatibility
    issues. When I look at your website in Safari,
    it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with
    a quick heads up! Aside from that, fantastic site!


    My blog post ... Las Vegas Whirlpool Repair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by DIY Vintage Chic! I appreciate your time and comments. If you have any direct comments please let me know. Feel free to comment, use my contact page or Facebook. See ya soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... ***I love to display my designs and directions. And I love for everyone to share but please do so with integrity. All writing, photography and illustration on DIY Vintage Chic by Becca Diestelkamp-Woodham is a copyright of ©DIY Vintage Chic 2011-2013 unless indicated otherwise. Photographs (ONLY one) may be used if provided with a link to this website. DO NOT REPOST PARTS OF OR ALL OF MY VERBIAGE VERBATIM IN YOUR BLOG, PLEASE JUST PROVIDE A LINK TO MY SITE. All posts must have a credit of my full blog name and link at the TOP of the post and the bottom. ***